Important Travel Information
What you need to know before you travel:
- All passengers will be required to wear facemasks while onboard. For the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees, we recommend all passengers to wear facemasks over their mouth and nose at all times; this includes check-in, during the boarding process, during the trip (mandatory), and while disembarking on all Red Arrow routes. If a passenger does not have their own facemask, they will be available for purchase. Please note that some offices may require facemasks depending on the city restrictions.
Facemasks are mandatory for travel and will be available for $3. If you'd like to purchase both a facemask and hand sanitizer, the cost is $5.
Passengers can purchase them from our ticket offices, from our Passenger Experience Representatives, and from Drivers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What safety protocols are you putting in place for your relaunch?
We have developed a new program with enhanced cleaning, strict protocols, and elevated procedures called Safely Clean so that all staff and passengers remain safe.
- What extra cleaning procedures are you undertaking?
As outlined in our Safely Clean program, we’re regularly cleaning and sanitizing all high touchpoint surfaces, restrooms, and have also introduced electrostatic sprayers to clean in between each trip. Electrostatic sprayers allow the appropriate sanitizers, mold preventatives, and disinfectants to wrap around and evenly coat all types of surfaces for a more complete clean.
- What are electrostatic sprayers and how do they work?
Red Arrow is leading the industry and ensuring the safety of all passengers by introducing new, state of the art cleaning technology. Electrostatic spray technology is a new way to apply cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants to help treat surfaces, with better coverage than traditional cleaning methods. The technology is well-established, with a history of more than 60 years in other areas, including agriculture and automotive industries, but it has only recently been applied to surface disinfection.
Electrostatic sprayers work by charging liquids (i.e., cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants) as they pass through a sprayer nozzle. This generates charged droplets that repel one another and actively seek out environmental surfaces, which they stick to and even wrap around to coat all sides. The result is a uniform coating of sanitizer or disinfectant on sprayed objects, including hard-to-reach areas that manual cleaning can miss.
- How many people are on a coach?
Red Arrow coaches have the capacity to seat 36 people, of which one row is single seats.
5. Are face masks mandatory?
For the safety and well-being of our passengers and employees, we require all passengers to wear face masks over their mouth and nose at all times; this includes check-in, during the boarding process, during the trip, and while disembarking on all Red Arrow routes. If a passenger does not have their own mask, they will be available for purchase. If a passenger refuses to wear a mask, they will be denied boarding. Masks with exhalation valves are not recommended, because they don't protect others from COVID-19 and don't limit the spread of the virus.
6. Why are face masks mandatory?
Aligning with recommendations from provincial and federal authorities, face masks are mandatory because they offer an extra layer of protection from spreading contaminated droplets and receiving droplets from others. This is extra assurance in case somebody is not aware they are infected and it avoids putting the safety of others at risk.
- Will you be screening passengers?
Yes, all passengers will be required to answer health and safety questions prior to travelling with Red Arrow. If they do not pass the screening questions, they will be denied boarding.
- How is the air filtered onboard?
Drivers will ensure the HVAC is set to use fresh air at the highest settings possible to reduce the amount of recycled air, and filters will be replaced regularly.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you onboard soon!